Mark T. Hedberg
- Labor Law
- Worker's Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
Attorney Mark Hedberg is a partner with Hedberg & Boulton, P.C., where he practices in workers' compensation, labor law, and social security disability. He earned his law degree from Creighton University and his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Iowa. He is a Des Moines native who graduated high school from Des Moines East.
Mark served on the Prairie Meadows Board of Directors from 2010 to 2016, including a term as vice chair of the Prairie Meadows executive board. Additionally, he is a member of the Iowa Legal Aid Advisory Council/Central Iowa Region and he is a past chair of the Iowa Occupational Safety and Health Advisory Council.
Mark has over 30 years of experience in practicing law in Iowa, including extensive work representing some of the state's largest labor unions. He has represented clients in major litigation and cases, including a case that led to one of Iowa's largest medical malpractice jury verdicts in 2019 and a Supreme Court ruling that overturned a governor's use of a line-item veto in 2012.
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Major: English
- Iowa, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Local 447 of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades vs. Feaker Painting, Inc., File No. 9-1045 / 09-0318, 2010, Iowa Ct. App.
- McVey v. National Organization Service, Inc., 719 N.W.2d 801, 2006, Iowa
- Thompson v. Brown Bros. Inc., 674 NW2d 682, 2003, Iowa App. Ct., 2003847123
- Master Builders of Iowa, Inc. v. Polk County, 653 NW2d 382, 2002, Iowa, 2002720574
- Titan Tire Corp. v. Employment Appeal Board, 641 NW 2d 752, 2002, Iowa, 2002243435
- McIntosh v. Best Western Steeplegate Inn, 546 NW2d 595, 1996, Iowa, 1996098238
- Greeland v. Fairton Corp., 500 NW2d 36, 1993, Iowa, 1993109139
- Aalbers v. Iowa Dept. of Job Service, 431 NW2d 330, 1998, Iowa, 1988151489
- Crescent Chevrolet v. Iowa Dept. of Job Service, 429 NW2d 148, 1988, Iowa, 1988119649
- International Assoc. of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcement Ironworkers Shopmen's Local 493 v. EFCO Corp. and Const. Products, Inc., 359 F.3d 954, 2004, 8th Cir.
- St. John v. International Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, 139 F.3d 1214, 2004, 8th Cir.
- United Rubberworkers of America v. Pirelli-Armstrong Tire Corp., 104 F.3d 181, 1997, 8th Cir.
- Ballard v. Barnhart, 323 F.Supp.2d 947, 2004, S.D. Iowa
- Gits Mfg LLC v. Local 281 UAW, 261 F.Supp.2d 1089, 2003, S.D. Iowa
- Hutchins v. Int'l Brotherhood of Teamsters, 177 F.3d 1076, 1999, 8th Cir.
- Homan v. Branstad, 812 N.W.2d 623, 2012, Iowa
- Stowers v. Donahue, 820 F.Supp.2d 993, 2011, S.D. Iowa
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- International Assoc. of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- International Union of Painters & Allied Trades
- Graphic Communications Workers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Ironworkers Shopman's Local 493
- United Autoworkers
- United Steelworkers