If you are an Iowa worker who is injured on the job, you have a right to prompt, quality medical treatment with all necessary expenses covered.
Problems with your workers' compensation claim can cause stress and hurt your financial stability. This may negatively impact your recovery. The workers' compensation lawyers at Hedberg & Boulton, P.C., in Des Moines, Iowa, have a thorough knowledge of the laws protecting injured workers. We are committed to protecting your rights and putting you in the best possible position until you are able to return to your job.
Des Moines Medical Benefits Attorneys
We have decades of experience advocating on behalf of injured workers throughout Iowa when disputes arise with their employer over medical care or return-to-work issues. We have successfully represented injured individuals in a wide variety of disputes, including:
- Making sure the care you are being offered is reasonable — and working to secure a change in your care if it is not.
- Fighting to make sure the care your physicians have recommended is provided when insurance companies delay or refuse to authorize treatment.
- Obtaining qualified second opinions from specialists on medical issues.
- Contesting and appealing any unjust claim denial, whether the reasons given involve medical evidence, employment status or other factors.
- Getting your wage rate set properly to ensure you receive all the compensation for lost income that you deserve while you are unable to work.
- Disproving an employer's claim that you were working as an independent contractor rather than an employee entitled to workers' compensation coverage.
- Disproving an employer's claim that the injury you suffered was not work-related or was not aggravated by tasks performed on the job.
- Resolving problems getting the quality medical treatment you deserve, including being denied approval for specific services or told you cannot see the physician of your choice.
Having the right attorney to guide you through the system and negotiate or litigate on your behalf can be absolutely essential to getting the medical benefits you deserve. The lawyers at our firm have been doing that for more than 75 years collectively.
For the guidance and representation you need in any phase of the workers' comp claim process or to overcome a dispute, contact our Iowa medical care dispute attorneys and schedule a free consultation.
We take all cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay attorney fees unless we obtain a recovery for you.